Thursday, February 14, 2013

Walking with God


"Give yourself fully to the adventure of today.  Walk boldly along the path of Life, relying on your ever-present Companion."  Today's devotional in "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young, opened with those words and I smiled.  What joy to know we can walk along our day's path with Him as our guide, our encourager -- the one who knows the beginning from the end and what's around every corner.  Hallelujah -- I just want to shout at the wonder of it all!

The photo above was taken at Craters of the Moon National Park in Idaho some years ago.   I'm walking down a pathway surrounded by chunks of volcanic rock.  I confess, I  didn't continue along this pathway because I didn't know where it led or how long it was or if it was worth the effort.  The park itself is fascinating, but this path -- I wasn't too sure.  It looks a bit desolate, wouldn't you say?

How does your pathway look today?  Whether it looks like the Craters of the Moon or it's strewn with rose petals (how often does that happen?), God knows not only where your path leads, but how long it will take to get there and -- He says it is worth the effort.  Your path might seem desolate at times, but you never know what beauty waits for you around the bend (but, God knows).  I love the 23rd Psalm - don't we all!  Pull out your Bible and read it today and determine that you will choose to walk your path with God. 

I love that God promises to "restore my soul" in Psalm 23.  He also will "guide me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake."  Further in today's devotion, Sarah Young writes that Jesus says to us, "Trust Me...Fix your eyes on Me, the Author and Perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them."

If we'll just trust and follow and worship this amazing God who loves us, we can say with the Psalmist, "my cup runneth over...Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --