Monday, September 3, 2012

Communication


This photo was taken in the country of Belize when we were on a Caribbean cruise a couple years ago.  As you can see, the mailbox is in a sad state of disrepair.  I'm not even sure if this mailbox was still in use or not.  I have to say, the whole downtown area of Belize City that we walked around was in a sad state of disrepair.  This old mailbox still shows signs of British rule with the Queen Elizabeth crown just above the broken base.  In spite of the damage, I still saw remnants of dignity in it.

I chose this photo to use to represent the idea of communication.  God communicates with His children in a number of ways.  Although He doesn't use a mailbox, He did use letters sent by Paul as one way of getting His message to us.  The entire Holy Bible is basically a love letter written by God (through His choice servants) to His dear children.  How amazing to think that the Creator of the whole universe sent us such a detailed and expansive communication.  Together -- the Holy Spirit and the Bible are the most precious and vital links between man and God.

Even so, there are other ways that God speaks to us.  He speaks through preachers and teachers as they proclaim the Word of God in ways that help us understand.  God sometimes speaks directly to the heart of a believer as well, and such times are incredibly precious and amazing.

Then, there are the messages God offers us through the earth and all His creation.  In Psalm 19:1-4, it is written:  "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.  Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge.  There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.  Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world."  Look around -- and listen to hear God speaking to you through His great creation.

Now, as we think about communication, I'd like to ask you -- my readers -- to please communicate with me.  I'd love to meet you and hear what you have to say about God -- or anything else.  And any questions you might have that you'd like to ask.  Is anyone out there?  Send me a "comment," I'd love to hear from you.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sandra,
    I was going to communicate BEFORE I saw your plea. Great post! (Pun not intended, but hey . . . .) It is a huge blessing that God wants to communicate with us daily. I never cease to be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the communication (: I love reading your messages -- and you're so faithful about posting almost daily! Oh, my, yes, God is so good and gracious! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --