Thursday, March 8, 2012

Delight Yourself in the Lord

A couple mornings ago, I was lying in bed praying that God would help me to walk with Him during that day and to be actively aware of His presence. I've been struggling with letting go of burdens, leaving them with God and abiding in peace. Too often I walk around with a figurative cloud over my head because of all the many needs I see in the people around me. Since I know how important it is to trust God in all things, I was praying for peace in the midst of all these needs.

As I prayed, a portion of a verse in Psalms came to mind, "...And He shall give you the desires of your heart." I love this verse and know it well, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the first part of it, nor could I remember the reference.

As I ate breakfast and read in Sarah Young's devotional Jesus Calling, that very verse was the one she quoted as one of the day's verses: "Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4. Well, I laughed aloud, lifted my eyes to the sky and praised God for the wonderful gift of His presence and for directing me to that verse -- and for being in control of everything. I truly felt a great delight in Him -- and still do.

If we will actively seek the Lord, He has promised that we will find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --